Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ASIO?
From: Bo Zhou (bo.schwarzstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-05 13:30:02

The boost.asio is for communication, not for the hardware management, so in
order to enumerate the port the program requires to call local API.

On Windows, check here

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/588b7967-cce4-4412-87e8-593dfeb228b4/getting-the-list-of-available-serial-ports-in-c?forum=vcgeneral

Once you have the port, just use boost.asio to communicate with it.

If you're not familiar with the usage of boost.asio, please read the
tutorial and examples for the network applications, the serial port is the
same.

Good luck.