Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Fwd: Boost::Filesystem - How to iterate, through the whole drive
From: Dan Bloomquist (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-19 20:55:10

Richard Závodný via Boost-users wrote:

> I just wanna try it again here, maybe somebody will shop up who knows
> where is the problem as I unfortunately couldn't fix it with degski
> (but still, thank you for your time :)). His example (can be found
> below) doesn't work on my system.

Hi Richard,
Try running your console app as administrator outside of VS. This really
can have nothing to do with boost::filesystem as the first API call is
'::FindFirstFileW'. So it is the operating system that is limiting the
access to your app. I did a little searching but could find nothing
about VS settings. I do always run VS as administrator though. It keeps
such things from happening.
Best, Dan.