Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Beast vs Boost.Asio
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-04 13:47:08

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:50 AM Paul A. Bristow via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Do 'see also' links of the form
>
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/doc/html/other_library/... help here
>
> help in resolving this?
>
> Both libraries could (should even) helpfully cross-link each other?

Beast documentation has extensive cross-links to Boost.Asio docs, for
example click on return type ("DEDUCED") of these function signatures:

<https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/libs/beast/doc/html/beast/ref/boost__beast__http__async_read.html>

> A PR that is just a link is much more likely to be accepted than something that needs real effort?

I don't know that it makes sense for asio to link back to beast. And
that wouldn't be meaningful for the stand-alone version (which shares
the same docs).

Regards