Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Having some trouble with bootstrapping Boost to use LLVM
From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-20 01:14:41

On 20/12/2018 12:23, Osman Zakir wrote:
> I changed the project-config.jam file in my Boost source tree to have
> Boost.Build use LLVM, but then when I used "bootstrap" command after, I
> saw that it was still using MSVC.  When I looked at the
> project-config.jam file again at that point, I saw that its content had
> been reverted back to the default one for building with MSVC.  What's
> going on?  What do I need to do?  Is there an argument I need to provide
> to the bootstrap command here so that it'll keep the configuration file
> content that I want it to?  And is there no help command that would let
> me see what arguments, if any, I can pass to the tool?

The bootstrap script builds Boost.Build (b2) and a default
project-config.jam file. It doesn't really matter which compiler this
uses (other than it selecting the same one as the default for
project-config.jam), as long as it's one that works on your system.

If you're customising project-config.jam afterwards, just don't run
bootstrap again, and start with running b2.