Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I ran b2 with the -d+2 command and redirected the output to a file
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-05 15:03:47

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 16:41, Osman Zakir via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Okay, so what commands did you use when building, then? When it also
> built Stacktrace. And could you also try with version 1.69.0 and let me
> know how that turns out?

I've already told you [how to do] that many weeks ago, there is nothing I
can add. It's hard to debug your setup, what works for me, might not work
for you. The problem is not the things you tell me, but the things you [not
purposely] not tell me [the unknown unknowns]. Using MSVC [last time I
tried], those 2 stacktrace libs didn't build either [they used to], with
clang-cl they actually do. At some point you just have to do with what
works and see whether things work better in the future. The [a] question
is: "do you need those libs right now?" If not, why don't you get on with
whatever you want to achieve and things might get resolved in the future.
If something is blocking you, let's focus on that [in detail], as opposed
to getting everything [broad-brush] perfect [without a direct use-case].

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*