Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How strong is PropertyTree JSON support
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-08 19:54:40

On 1/8/19 8:31 PM, Michael Powell via Boost-users wrote:

> I'm not sure, what am I supposed to be keying in on here? Looks like
> straight usage of the PropertyTree Json support? Thanks, but I
> gathered that already, and then some.

You concluded yourself that PropertyTree is probably not what your
are looking for. You received two responses about other JSON libraries
that you can use instead.

You could try to roll your own, but the simplicity of the JSON syntax
is deceiving. See for instance:

   http://seriot.ch/parsing_json.php

So you would be better of using a standards-compliant library.

The one I suggested has the advantage that you could use its low-level
API as a JSON lexer to build your own AST, or you could use the higher-
level tree structure that comes with the library.