From: jcbastosportela_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-08-30 12:38:35

Hi all,

My question regards boost's Meta State Machine (MSM) usage.

In my current design of a state machine it would be desirable to pass
arguments to the substate machine; this would be done at time of creation of
"main state machine".

I found something on the documentation close to what I am looking for,
however not exactly. State machine constructor with arguments
<https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_71_0/libs/msm/doc/HTML/ch03s05.html#d0e2502>
. This works very well for states, but doesn't work for the substate
machine. Fails in compilation with the following log:

In the example
<https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_71_0/libs/msm/doc/HTML/examples/Constructor.cpp>
found in the documentation I would changed the *Playing* substate machine to
look like:

and in creation of the *player* to do something like:

See the file attached. msm_substm.cpp
<http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/file/t371477/msm_substm.cpp>

Is there a way of achieving this?

Many thanks in advance.