From: Gaier, Bjoern (Bjoern.Gaier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-30 08:19:02

Hello Boost-Mailing-List,

I have a question about the boost interprocess library - and I hope I can explain it correctly.

I looked at the "Quick guide for the impatient" about the interprocess library - but I'm not sure if I can use this for our purpose.
The main goal is to insert a STL vector (or different container) in a predefined portion of an already existing shared memory. The main problem is, that we cannot use the managed_shared_memory code from boost, because we rely on a different API to allocate the shared memory between Windows and other devices. Also the container should be placed at a fixed offset inside the created shared memory.

I'm a complete newbie with boost and the interprocess library, that is why I'm not sure which interface I have to provide for the interprocess vector to be setup correctly. I hoped I could do something like:

new (srh_mem_base + offset) boost::interprocess::vector<allocator>;

I tried looking into the headers of the library to get an idea of that, but I honestly got lost.

I'm really sorry if this a stupid or obvious question - and I thank for any help in advance!

Kind greetings
Björn
Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816, USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789 Geschäftsführer: Dr. Hiroshi Nakamura, Dr. Robert Plank, Markus Bode, Heiko Lampert, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima. Junichi Tajika