From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-23 23:36:14

On 24/07/2020 07:03, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 22:32, Edward Diener wrote:
> What does your 'using clang-win' look like and
> what does your b2 command to invoke clang-win look like.
>
> I'm not sure what you are asking here exactly

I suspect that may have been a misunderstanding.

b2 is completely irrelevant to the question of auto-linking (unless
you're using it to build your app as well, but nobody ever does that).

The auto_link.hpp file is consumed by whatever build system and compiler
you're using for your app, and it's up to that to decide whether to do
auto-linking or not.

Auto-linking support for clang on Windows was added in Boost 1.71, so if
you're using something older than that: this is why it's not working.

If you're using something newer than that and it's still not working,
then something might be going wrong; you should probably inspect the
preprocessed output to see what was generated for auto_link.hpp.
Perhaps it's generating the wrong filename for some reason, or some
other condition is blocking it.