From: Cristian Morales Vega (cristian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-10 03:26:56

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 14:56, Niall Douglas via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Had ASIO been constructed after these became common, it would
> undoubtedly have been designed around them. As it stands, some of us on
> WG21 are hoping to target a Networking v2 design which is based around
> GCD-type designs for C++ 26 or 29.

You are killing me. We got Networking delayed from C++20 to C++23
(hopefully) just to get it deprecated in C++26?
What does Chris think about this? He is arguably been open to changes
to Networking TS. Why don't you aim directly for such a "Networking
v2", maybe for C++26 (by now I don't mind waiting another 3 years),
and skip "Networking V1"?
I am not going to pretend to get the details, but I understand there
are a lot of more or less related moving parts (executors, io_uring,
GCD, continuations...). So if it gets delayed so be it, we already
have ASIO for the time being. But in 2021 work on trying to get
something in C++23 with the idea of deprecating it on C++26 sounds...
strange.