From: Nicholas Yue (yue.nicholas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-03-18 03:40:35

Hi,

  I have an application which uses Boost.DLL

  I have built and run them successfully on Linux, Windows and MacOS.

  I have an Intel Mac running Big Sur and have built Boost 1.81.0
successfully as a universal binary with both arm64 and x86_64 libraries
combined.

  However, while other parts of boost library runs fine, I have found that
Boost.DLL will fail to load the plugins (also built as universal binary).

  Is there additional steps we need to take when building DLL plugins via
Boost.DLL as universal binary so that the loading mechanism is able to pick
the correct portion of the *.dylib that is for the current architecture of
the host application ?

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue