From: Keith Bennett (kanezor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-06 14:18:49

Hi Vinnie,

I'd like to think that my question was legitimate and clear. "If only there
was something like that" sounds snarky to me and doesn't answer the
question at all.

Maybe behind the scenes it might look like there's just another function to
call when complete. But how do I go from *there* to... resuming a different
coroutine which is waiting for that function to complete?

>From my perspective, I already have something that's using
condition_variables. I want to straight adapt it into coroutines as much as
possible. I don't want to "call a function to indicate something has
finished". That's far more friction required.

I spent a couple hours poking around asio documentation and didn't find a
solution. To be fair, there's a ton of things in asio that are described
with a C++ declaration and zero description whatsoever of what it does. So
perhaps it is already solved. So maybe the problem already is solved and I
just didn't see it. Can you point me to exactly a coroutine-enabled
condition_variable? Or perhaps you can point me to specific documentation
to read?

Thanks,
Keith