From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-18 14:06:55

On Fri, Feb 9, 2024, 20:02 Foelsche, Peter via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> Thanks for outstanding quality of boost!
>

> I’m using the stacktrace object together with debug info and *BOOST_STACKTRACE_USE_ADDR2LINE
> defined.*
>
> *Would it be possible to cache the output of addr2line assuming that
> during the lifetime of the calling process the queried executable or shared
> objects do not change?*

You could do a generic cache that does not depend on the stacktrace
implementation. Just make a unordered_map and map a stacktrace object to a
string with decoded stacktrace. Or you could do a per-frame cache, mapping
a frame to demangled name. Here's an example:
https://github.com/userver-framework/userver/blob/develop/universal/src/logging/stacktrace_cache.cpp