From: Ivan Matek (libbooze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-10 21:40:16

Hi,
I have some small maps where I am pretty sure SIMD tricks that are amazing
in general will just slow down the lookups since I never lookup items not
in the map and map is so small that benefits of not looking up into the big
array and trashing the cache are miniscule.
I know I can force compiler to not support SIMD with march, but I want to
keep the SIMD optimizaitons for rest of the code, including large boost
unordered objects.

If you do not believe me I can write a custom benchmark, from what I see
all benchmarks in docs start at 1E+4.

P.S. I know I can just use an array, but I am in that "size range" where
iteration becomes slower than a hash map.

regards,
Ivan