At 02:42 PM 4/28/2005, you wrote:

"Jason Stewart" <jstewart@pobox.com> wrote in message
news:6.2.1.2.2.20050427143238.04174a08@pobox.com...
> Has anyone implemented an XML parser for boost::program_options? ...

Sounds interesting. Would this let you specify the program options as either
commandline flags or as in XML input file?

That's my plan. I've got something working but it's somewhat of a hack. I used the response file example that's included with program_options and an internal library to parse the XML. Using this I build a vector of strings that I then pass to the command_line_parser. So, yes, with this scheme you can override config file settings on the command line.

And, I think that boost.serialize has XML as one of it's formats, would you
be able to use that as your XML parser?

I haven't looked at boost::serialize. I'll try to do that soon.

Jason