Hi Ron,

I finally got it work by using static_cast. But I ran into another problem as you pointed out early that you have to define dimension before you use assignment and copy constructor. That makes the whole thing quit complicated. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Yan

From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Ronald Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:28 PM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to inherit from boost::multi_array

Use static_cast, rather than const_cast.

Cheers,

ron

On Jun 13, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Yan Zhang wrote:

Hi Ron,

How do you “cast "other" to the multi_array type” here? I used

      Array (const Array& other) : boost::multi_array<double,2>( const_cast<const boost::multi_array<double,2>& > other)      {      } And it failed to compile. Thank for your help, YanI’m read the posting by Thomas and replay by Ronald on how to inherit from boost::multi_array as following:  On Oct 2, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Thomas Mensch wrote: Dear List, I am using boost 1.31.0 on Linux (with gcc 3.3.2)I would like to create a 2D array class, which inherits  fromboost::multi_array<double, 2> class. However I have problemswith the copy constructor of my class Array.  Below is the code,which I am trying to run.