Just to make sure I wrote it right. My Foo::get is

const std::string& Foo::get () cosnt {...}

So it is a const func and it returns const &, so I can't see a way that string::replace may alter that string without having any kind of trick (wrapper func etc ...) but tell me what you think about that.

Kobi.

On 4/27/06, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@getdesigned.at> wrote:
Kobi Cohen-Arazi wrote:

> There is no way to use directly the std::string::replace since get()
> is const member function.

Um, no, I don't think get's const-ness has anything to do with it. I
still think it's an ambiguity problem.

> We do need a replace wrapper, which unfortunately creating std::string
> instances.

Have you tried the member function pointer approach I showed?

Sebastian