Okay, it seems using listS storage instead would solve my problem and allow me to maintain a hash_map mapping my custom data type to a vertex descriptor. However, using listS I ran in to another problem that I'm having a problem understanding.

It seems now that I need to generate a ColorMap to pass to depth_first_visit in some other way than I had been doing before. Can someone perhaps provide an example of how depth_first_visit would be called using listS for vertex storage?

Sincerely, Peter

On 11/30/06, Jens Müller <jens.mueller@ira.uka.de> wrote:
Jens Müller wrote:
> Peter Palotas schrieb:
>

>>My first attempt was to use a simple map outside of the graph, mapping
>>my custom property to a vertex_descriptor, but since the
>>vertex_descriptors seem to change as vertices are inserted and removed
>

> Yeah, it's like that when you're using vecS storage ...
>
> With listS, insertion and removal should leave vertex descriptors intact.

See http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/doc/adjacency_list.html,
"Iterator and Descriptor Stability/Invalidation".