On 7/26/07, Graham Reitz <graham.cpp@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok good.  So it sounds like my concern isn't justified.

To be certain.  Because of tuples I prefer this:

typedef boost::tuples::tuple<unsigned int, double> some_pair;
typedef std::vector<some_pair > some_pairs;

to this:
struct some_pair
{ unsigned int i; double d; };
typedef std::vector<some_pair > some_pairs;

Is tuples meant to be used like the first example?

Pardon me if it's just a two-dimensional example for simplicity, but why not use std::pair?

Thanks,
Graham

On 7/25/07, Joel de Guzman <joel@boost-consulting.com > wrote:
Graham Reitz wrote:
> I have been finding that the boost::tuple library is so convenient that
> I am concerned I may be overusing it.
>
> For example, in situations where I might use a struct I am tend to
> prefer a tuple.  Where is a good place to draw the line in situations
> like this? Or is this the intent to use it as often as possible?

Hah! You've seen nothin' yet :-)
:-) If you want to see tuples pushed to the limits, see Boost.Fusion.

Regards,
--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com