Hello,

the best thing you can do, is ask someone from the mailing list to help you by using the remote desktop or VNC. Otherwise this will be a never ending story. Probably this should be a person you trust, since they will get access to you PC remotely. And you should discuss details in private maling session.

With Kind Regards,
Ovanes

On 11/13/07, question boost <question.boost@hotmail.fr> wrote:
Hi,

I get the same message using your command line.

I repeat: at boost root I do like explained section 5.2.4 here
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html#build-directory :

C:\Program Files\boost> bjam ^

More? --build-dir=C:\Program Files\boost\directory_1 ^

More? --toolset=gcc stage

C:\Program Files\boost\directory_1 is the build directory I have chosen, and stage is a subdirectory of it.

They say:

"Building the special stage target places Boost library binaries in the stage\ subdirectory of your build directory"
but instead i get the error message.

My question is about section 5.2.4 here http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html#build-directory :  and about nothing else.  Tell me why the procedure indicated goes wrong and why I get this error message.
Maybe a wrong environment variable or anything else but i have no idea what it is.

THANK YOU,

David

> To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
> From: ghost@cs.msu.su
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:11:32 +0300
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is Anyone going to tell me the way to Build BOOST?

> question boost wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > at boost root directory i do:
> > C:\Program Files\boost> bjam ^More? --build-dir=C:\Program Files\boost
> > \directory_1 ^More? --toolset=gcc stage
>
> Can you remove those "^More?" lines? I have no idea what they mean.
>

> > the error message is the following :could not find main target assuming
> > it's a name of a file to create could not find main target C:\Program
> > Files\boost \directory_1 assuming it's a name of a file to create...
>
> Please try the following command line:
>
> bjam --build-dir="C:/Program Files/boost/directory_1" --toolset=gcc stage
>
> and make sure there are not "More" lines anywhere.
>
> - Volodya

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail et bénéficiez d'un filtre antivirus gratuit ! Windows Live Hotmail