look at the demo in the tutorial and the associated demo.  It handles exactly the situation you describe.

Look at the documentation under Export

Robert Ramey

"Andrei Popa" <andrei4popa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BAY104-W9813D6D7DBBCD9A35DC0CE05C0@phx.gbl...
Hallo all,

I just discovered the serialization library found it extremely nice and useful.
I appreciate all work of the author.
I have not yet build any program with the library, I just read the documentation.
There is one think that do not fit to my use: "typeid information is not included in archives".
The reason is "archive portability" and the solution "same sequence by save/load".
But what if I do not know the sequence? What can I do then?
Think about a CAD program. I do not know what the user will draw, a line, circle, rectangle and so on.
And I have to save them in a file, at the load I need to know what type of object do I load.
For me the "archive portability" is not so important.
Is there a way to configure/change the library to save the name of the class specified by std::type_of::name() in the archive?

Best regards,
Andrei