theirs a fix for cygwin on svn.

bjam --toolset=cygwin --layout=system --prefix=/usr/boost-install install

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/attachment/ticket/1062/stage.jam.patch

On Jan 7, 2008 10:40 PM, Steven Woody <narkewoody@gmail.com> wrote:
hi frederic,

i tried acording your recipe.  but got,

./tools/jam/src/bin.cygwinx86/bjam link=static threading=single
runtime-link=shared --layout=system --user-config=user-config.jam
--without-python release
syntax error at EOF

i think there are something error in user-config.jam or Makefile.

below is my Makefile:

BJAM=./tools/jam/src/bin.cygwinx86/bjam
BJAM_CONFIG=link=static threading=single runtime-link=shared --layout=system
PREFIX=/cygdrive/c/boost
EPREFIX=/cygdrive/c/boost
LIBDIR=/cygdrive/c/boost/lib
INCLUDEDIR=/cygdrive/c/boost/include
LIBS= --without-python realease

and my user-config.jam:

# Compiler configuration
using gcc : : : <cflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <cflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH
<cxxflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <cxxflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH
compilerflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <compilerflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH;

any clue?  thanks.

On Jan 8, 2008 2:30 PM,  <frederic.bron@alcan.com> wrote:

> > ok, thanks. but, did you mean '--layout=system' or 'layout=system'?
> --layout=system
>
> > and, for the user-config.jam, did you mean add the following one line thing?
> >
> > using gcc : : : <cflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <cflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH
> > <cxxflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <cxxflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH
> > <compilerflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_API <compilerflags>-DBOOST_POSIX_PATH ;
> > i noticed there are spaces in-between these semicolons.  and should i
> > remove the `using gcc ;' line already in my user-config.jam?
>
> replace the already existing "using gcc ;", type all on the same line (this may probably work on multiple lines but I have not tested).
>
> Fred
>

> Avis :
> Ce message et toute pièce jointe sont la propriété d'Alcan et sont destinés seulement aux personnes ou à l'entité à qui le message est adressé. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le
> détruire et en aviser l'expéditeur par courriel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire du message, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à utiliser, à copier ou à divulguer le contenu du message ou ses pièces jointes
> en tout ou en partie.
>
> Notice:
> This message and any attachments are the property of Alcan and are intended solely for the named recipients or entity to whom this message is addressed. If you have received this message in error
> please inform the sender via e-mail and destroy the message. If you are not the intended recipient you are not allowed to use, copy or disclose the contents or attachments in whole or in part.

woody

then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other
boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out
across the current.