On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@gmail.com> wrote:
Jeremy Conlin wrote:
>  This is what I have right now
>
>     cout << "options:\n";
>     po::variables_map::iterator optIter = options.begin();
>     for( ; optIter != options.end(); ++optIter ){
>         cout << "\t" << optIter->first << " = " << optIter->second.as
> <http://second.as><string>() << std::endl;
>     }

I have yet to find a really simple + satisfactory way to do this.

I tried writing a wrapper that stored a string conversion function with
the option when it was declared... but that was bit of a hack and I lost
all the generality.

I concluded it's best to try and print them one by one, not in a loop,
but by name, and do the printing near where the options are added so you
can easily see their names and types.

Thank you for your response.  I have come to the same conclusion you did.  Until there is a better solution, I'll have to do this manually.

Thanks,
Jeremy