First of all, thank to everyone you for the help.
What actually I want to do is to serialize large floats arrays, float* not std::vector, but I could evaluate to use std::vector instead of float*.

Thanks a lot!
Ariel

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Christian Widmer <cwidmer@tuebingen.mpg.de> wrote:
Hi Ariel,

if you want to use char* to deal with text, I'd recommend to use
std::string instead, if you're interested in an array, you might want to
consider using a std::vector. If you can't do this for some reason,
here's some code which serializes a DREAL* (DREAL=double) and should
work similarly for char*:

   friend class boost::serialization::access;
   template<class Archive>
   void save(Archive & ar, const unsigned int version) const
   {
     ar & num_labels;
     for (int i=0; i < num_labels; ++i)
     {
       ar & labels[i];
     }
   }

   template<class Archive>
   void load(Archive & ar, const unsigned int version)
   {

     ar & num_labels;
     if (num_labels > 0)
     {
       labels = new DREAL[num_labels];
       for (int i=0; i< num_labels; ++i)
       {
         ar & labels[i];
       }

     }
   }

   BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SPLIT_MEMBER();

Cheers,
Chris

Ariel Brunetto wrote:
> Yes, but I am trying to serialize a char*, not a const char*. Is it
> possible?
>
> Thank you,
> Ariel
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Igor R. <igor_rubinov@hotmail.com
> <mailto:igor_rubinov@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         > Sorry, but I dont understand. The documentation says that I
>         can serialize a pointer to a Serializable type such as a
>         primitive type. Is this true?
>
>         Yes, but in case of pointer to const char your primitive type
>         is const char.

> --

Ariel Brunetto
www.aquadize.com