Hello folks!
Sorry for the late reply. I found what was wrong.
boost::filesystem directory_iterator throws an exception when access is denied for a folder.
So I need to create a check for this before recursing into any folder.

Thanks for the replies!
Silvio

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:32 AM, dizzy <dizzy@roedu.net> wrote:
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 15:44:49 Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> This is what I was going to mention in my post with . and .. special
> directories. With the approach used the infinite loop should happen already
> with the first occurence of .-directory, which would recurse in the same
> directory and find the first item (.-dir again).

No because boost::filesystem directory iterators do not expose (ie
automatically skip) "." and "..".

--
Mihai RUSU                                      Email: dizzy@roedu.net
                       "Linux is obsolete" -- AST