Thanks for all of the help.

I'm still having a problem with the include file basetsd.h

C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_35_0\boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp(37) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'basetsd.h': No such file or directory

This file is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Include

I don't know how to specify new directories in the include path using bjam.

----------------
May the peace of Christ be with you.

Tony May

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:00 PM, David Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:
Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>>
>>> AMDG

>>> Is the compiler in your path?
>>> You can either use the Visual Studio Command Prompt
>>> or call vsvars32.bat explicitly.
>>>

>> In almost every case that should make no difference at all;
>> Boost.Build's msvc toolset is designed to do that for you if necessary.
>>  It might be instructive to add --debug-configuration to the bjam
>> command line, though.
>>

> Ok.  I found the solution
>
> using msvc : 8.0express ;
>
> just saying 8.0 doesn't work.  Grrr.

Oh, that's an embarrassment for Boost.Build, IMO.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing