On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Igor R <boost.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Asio or Boost::Threads simply ignore each other and nowhere in the docs
> of asio is stated smth about boost::threads, but as it seems asio socket
> when it waits for input is in such an interruption point (may be it uses
> boost::threads internally)

Are you sure asio launches threads, besides the ones you supplied for
io_service::run()?

No, that was not my point. If you use a socket from multiple threads and read data from it, socket blocks waiting for input. My point was, that this blocking wait is recognized by boost::thread lib as a valid interruption point. And my suggestion would be to state in the docs of Asio that synchronous wait operation is a valid interruption point for boost::thread. Sorry for misleading words. Therefore interrupting the thread should interrupt the synchronous wait.