Project Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation: Runtime Library: Multi-Threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
or Multi-Threaded DLL (/MD) for release version

Good Luck,
Ovanes

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Green, Jason M NSWCDL, W33 <jason.m.green3@navy.mil> wrote:

I’m having a similar problem with my project.  I’d like to use the dlls but no matter what, the compile warns me that it “cannot open file ‘boost_regex-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib’”

I’m trying to find where I can set the project (in vis studio 2005) to use the dynamic link libraries as opposed to the static.  Based on previous entries in this thread, I assume that is the first step that I need to take.

Can someone tell me where to set this?

Jason

From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Ovanes Markarian
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:01 AM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Linking with dynamic boost thread library

What I mean is the reversed order. You can not link the static runtime and dynamic boost_thread or any other lib.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj@gmail.com> wrote:

AMDG

Igor MI wrote:

But now I wonder about what Ovanes said. Why did I linked successfully with
static thread library when my project is set to multi threaded debug dll?

You can link using the dll runtime and the static boost_thread.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe