Thanx Sebastian. Indeed, it wasn't linking to boost.System, since i didn't build it.
So after building it, i included the path to the directory where i found 'libboost_system-gcc43-mt-1_39.a', and also included the name of the library in the apropriated settings...

although that i still getting an error:

cannot find -llibboost_system-gcc43-mt-1_39.a

And i don't quite get it, since i indicated where to search for the lib, in the project properties -> GCC C++ Linker -> Libraries -> Libraries search path.
Can you help getting through this?

regards!

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@getdesigned.at> wrote:
Matheus Araújo Aguiar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use boost lib asio in a project on eclipse (running on
> ubuntu 8.10). So far i'm getting this errors when trying to build the
> project. '/home/matheus/boost_1_39_0' is where i've unpacked boost lib
> downloaded from sourceforge.net <http://sourceforge.net> . I've also
> set this directory to the include path in eclipse.
> So, any help?
>
> Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
> /home/matheus/boost_1_39_0/boost/asio/detail/posix_signal_blocker.hpp
> undefined reference to `pthread_sigmask'    Proxy_Server        line
> 48    C/C++ Problem
You're not linking against libpthread.
> /home/matheus/boost_1_39_0/boost/asio/error.hpp undefined reference to
> `boost::system::get_system_category()'    Proxy_Server        line
> 218    C/C++ Problem
And apparently not against Boost.System either.

You should be able to fix these problems in the project settings.

Sebastian

Matheus Araújo Aguiar
Computer Scientist
matheus.pit@gmail.com