Thanx for the reply Roman.

Well, for what i've understood, if i use the strand i'll have concurrent callback handlers, but each handler will execute serially, is that right?

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Roman Shmelev <rshmelev@gmail.com> wrote:
> The first way would be multiple calls to io_service.run, each in a different
> thread, using the strand object to synchronize the callback handlers. The
> other way is to explicit use threads and locks with the boost::thread lib.
> So could you point me what would be the main differences (maybe advantages
> and disadvantages) between both ways? What way do you think is it better? I
> want to hear some opinions.

first way. Because it is natural.
The second way is probably something that has sense for synchronous operations,
but words "scalability" and "responsiveness" are often used with word "async".

Matheus Araújo Aguiar
Computer Scientist
matheus.pit@gmail.com