Thanks Matheus, thats very slick, works well.

From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Matheus Araújo Aguiar
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 8:16 PM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost::asio::async_write to stream out data

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Alex Black <alex@alexblack.ca> wrote:
So, If I'm calling aysnc_write from the same thread each time, and I'm not waiting for previous writes to complete before starting a new write, how do I know when to free my buffer?

The problem seems to be that the handle_write method will be called to let me know when the write is complete, but I won't have any information in handle_write to know *which* buffer to free... any suggestions?

thx

- Alex

you could pass the pointer to the buffer as an argument of the "handle_write method".

Best Regards,
--
Matheus Araújo Aguiar
Computer Scientist