That means if you return from your timer without starting a new timer it will return immediately.

Regards,
Ronny

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Iskandar Prins <iprins@alphabay.nl> wrote:

Ok, so basically when starting the timer, you need to call ioservice.run() as well

From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of David Kaplan
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 15:08
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] IOService.run()

I have a question regarding the asio::deadline_timer  , it seems I need to run the  ioservice.run() all the time in order to update the timer, which is seems undesirable. Any idea how I can just start the timer and  wait for the callback instead?

I was playing around with this today too. It seems that you only need to call io_service::run() once (that will start the timer).