From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Ovanes Markarian
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 15:55
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] compiler error on using threads with boost

Additionally, you can move the unique_lock to transfer the ownership.

Regards,

Ovanes

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Ovanes Markarian <om_boost@keywallet.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Iskandar Prins <iprins@alphabay.nl> wrote:

Hi,

I get this compiler error :

boost/thread/future.hpp", line 414: Error: Formal argument other of type boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex> in call to boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>::operator=(boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>) has an inaccessible copy constructor.

Any idea why this is? I'm using the sun compiler to compile it with

Because unique_lock cannot be copied. Either pass it as reference or use shared_lock.

Regards,

Ovanes