I obtain this error: c:\boost\boost_1_42\boost\serialization\access.hpp(118) : error C2039: 'serialize' : is not a member of 'Container'

I can overcome the problem by defining the serialize method inside container. But container is an external library, so i can't modify it. I would serialize the entire contents of Example without touching the others structures. I thought that smart pointers could be the right solution for me. What i shoud do instead in your opinion?

thanks.

Marco.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey@rrsd.com> wrote:
Marco Meoni - Sbaush wrote:
> struct Example{
> friend class boost::serialization::access;
>         template<class Archive>
>         void serialize(Archive & ar, const unsigned int /*
> file_version */){
          ar & results_container; // INCLUDE THIS

> }
>         Container* results_container;
> MyMap this_is_a_map;
>         Example(){}
> };
Try specifying which members you want to serialize in the serialize function.  See above.
Robert Ramey

Marco Meoni - Sbaush
www.marcomeoni.net