I actually think I can use the boost uuid generator.

It worked in my testing :O)

Sorry for the inconvenience

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged, confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail. Thank you.

From: Carla Strembicke
Sent: May-05-10 4:31 PM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: dnd boost uuids

I am trying to convert a legacy GUID on mircosoft to use the boost uuid.

I am utilizing the stringstream as mentioned in the boost uuid documentation.

I have managed to get the GUID converted into a string but am unable to inject the string value

Into the uuid variable.

Below is just a snippet of a test program.  I read it back into a buffer variable to make sure that value was properly

set.  ss gets the value of guid_str but  does not set the value in uuid_test.

      WCHAR guid_buf[50];

      Boost::uuids::uuid uuid_test;

      StringFromGUID2(guid_value, guid_buf, 50);

      char *guid_str = OLE2A(guid_buf);

      std::stringstream ss;

      char buf[50];

      ss << guid_str;

      ss >> uuid_test;

      ss << uuid_test;

      ss >> buf;

Obvioulsy I am using stringstream wrong.  Does anyone know how to convert a GUID to a boost UUID?  I can’t seem to find the documentation or interface.