Hi,

Thanks for all your reply.

I attached the code in the email.

I downloaded : Rhapsodia.Scheduler
from
http://rhascheduler.sourceforge.net/
because I need to do application program level task scheduling.

In file "TaskPackSystem.hpp", I designed a task class "TaskPackage" to carry my defined task.

Other classes in the file are not used.

My main program is mpi_message_transfer.cpp, which can transfer tasks from master to workers
and then collects results from them.

Right now, I am testing 3 tasks (TOTALTASKNUM =3) and 2 workers (nodes).

I use 3 nodes totally, another node is the master.

node 0 : is master.

node 1 : worker 1 assigned with task 1 and 3.

node 2 : worker 2 assigned with task 2.

Each task has a distinct tag, which is assigned by master before it is sent out to a worker.

After receiving a task and doing its local work on the task, the worker uses the same tag ID to send
it to master.

The master use non-blocking world.recv(resultSourceRank, tagID, resultTaskPackage) to get the result task.

You may need to download the Rhapsodia.Scheduler to get their header files.

I attached the 4 files in the email.

mpi_message_transfer.cpp
TaskPackSystem.hpp
BasicScheduler.hpp
SimpleScheduler.hpp

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Jack

July 5  2010

From: kbelco@sandia.gov
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:21:35 -0600
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost MPI, error to get message

Hi Jack

On Jul 5, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Jack Bryan wrote:

Is it possible for my program [to] work in native MPI, but not in Boost MPI ?

Yes, this would imply a bug in Boost.MPI.  But Boost.MPI is pretty well tested and is used by a number of people.  That's why I suspect the problem may be in your framework code.  Eliminating Boost.MPI from the equation should make it easier for you to uncover the source of the problem.

-- Noel