From: http://groups.google.com/group/boost-list/browse_thread/thread/fc728b9d416c62e9/455055de23e177ad
> Interprocess has this embarrasing permission limitations, but I still
> don't know how to fix it.

Does the permissions limitation apply to Linux (CentOS) and shared mutexes or segments created by other users or root?

I have a mutex in the /dev/shm folder created by another user with these permissions (from ls -l):
-rwxr-xr-x 1 webers users        160 Jul  1 15:24 Lookup_Mutex

My user account is a member of the users group, but since it defaults to just read only access I can't actually use the mutex as a mutex.  Is there any way to get around it?

Thanks,
Matt