well assuming an unsigned int array size of 5 what do you suggest for a reasonably good and fast hash?

I was hoping that I could use the built in hash w/o having to invent one.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1@gmail.com> wrote:
Please do not top-post.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM, B Hart <bhartsb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a comparison function?  How is, for example, unordered set going to
> know the end of the array, to hash it?  I don't know what is happening
> under-the-hood so I'm deferring to the list experts.
>
> Can you give me a simple example?

How is it going to know the end?
 That depends on how you create your array and set up your hash
function.  If you have an end-of-array marker then you would stop at
that (like how '\0' is the end-of-array marker for C strings), if it
is a static length then you would just use that, etc...