Ian,

    That's excellent, thanks! Is g++ the compiler with the most of the c++0x specification implemented and the best to experiment with the new features?

Thanks,

Jim

On Mar 27, 2011, at 12:00 PM, boost-users-request@lists.boost.org wrote:

than "Re: Contents of Boost-users digest..."
Today's Topics:

  1. C++0x resources (Jim Hodapp)
  2. Re: C++0x resources (Ian Bruntlett)

From: Jim Hodapp <james.hodapp@gmail.com>
Date: March 27, 2011 10:53:09 AM EDT
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: [Boost-users] C++0x resources

Hi all,

I just saw in another post that C++0x FDIS has been voted complete and ready to ship. Is there a good website (or book) that I can start reading to get familiar with the new features? I've seen a few resources here and there on one or two topics, such as "auto", but no good place to read and see example for every new feature. Is the GNU g++ compiler the best implementation to experiment with these new language features?

-Jim

From: Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett@gmail.com>
Date: March 27, 2011 11:27:42 AM EDT
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++0x resources

Hi Jim,

On 27 March 2011 15:53, Jim Hodapp <james.hodapp@gmail.com> wrote:
I just saw in another post that C++0x FDIS has been voted complete and ready to ship. Is there a good website (or book) that I can start reading to get familiar with the new features? I've seen a few resources here and there on one or two topics, such as "auto", but no good place to read and see example for every new feature. Is the GNU g++ compiler the best implementation to experiment with these new language features?

Take a look at Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ 0x FAQ:-
http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html

HTH,

Ian

--