Thank you Vicente for your reply.

If that was the case, however, then the error code would be EDEADLK and not EINVAL.

Anyhow,
I was able to solve my problem 15 mins ago. It was an initialization error: objects that had been freed were trying to access their mutex...

Sorry to bother you people.

Regards,
Panagiotis Foteinos

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Vicente BOTET <vicente.botet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Message du 02/04/11 01:59
> De : "Panagiotis Foteinos"

> A : boost-users@lists.boost.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : [Boost-users] [boost::mutex] Suspicious EINVAL error
>
> Hello users.
>
> I am running a single thread which locks and unlocks mutexes, and I get the
> following error: *
>
> /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:55: void
> boost::mutex::lock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed,
>
> *after a boost::shared_mutex::lock() or a boost::shared_mutex::try_lock().

> I do realize that the information I provide in this email is little, but I,
> being new in boost::mutexes and having spent so much time on it, decided to
> give it a shot.

Hi,

this kind of error is quite common. It seems that you try to lock the mtx twice. Could you show the error when you have a try_lock? Do you use the RAII locks that ensure that lock/unlock are pairwise?

Best,
Vicente