On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Bo Jensen <jensen.bo@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the interest of closure, can you confirm (from the comment you made in
> another thread), that this now works for you after changing the stream open
> call to be:
>
> std::ofstream strm("test.gz", std::ios_base::out | std::ios_base::binary);
>
> I know that it works for me when I tried it.

Thanks for your interest in this, much appreciated. The problem
persists, the written file can not be decompressed, I have worked my
way around the problem, so it's not a issue for me anymore, but I
would be happy to help track it down. I think it's very strange you
can run without problems.

To clarify, when I built and ran it with VS 2008 and boost 1.35 it worked.

When I just re-tried using VS 2008 and boost 1.45 or boost 1.46.1, it seems to produce invalid .gz files.

Perhaps you can create a New Ticket and enter this as a bug at:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket