Cheers,

Rick Aurbach
Aurbach & Associates, Inc.

On Jul 15, 2011, at 11:00 AM, boost-users-request@lists.boost.org wrote:

From: Don <dm413-boost@intielectronics.com>
Date: July 15, 2011 7:27:07 AM CDT
To: "boost-users@lists.boost.org" <boost-users@lists.boost.org>
Subject: [Boost-users] [Serialization] Writing an old version of a class

I apologize if this is a duplicate posting. I sent this 2 days ago, and it appears in the archives, but I never received it back from the list and there have been no replies, so I am posting it again.

Using boost serialization, I would like to be able to write an old version of a class, so that I can save data in an "old" format to allow other users with an old version of my program to read the file.

I see from the archives that this has come up before, and Robert Ramey indicated it was doable and on the todo list, but I don't see it in the release notes or documentation. Did anything every come of this?

Or, has anyone else done this? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Don