Okay, I'm not positive I fully understood the first question in the whole series of emails, only so far as to respond with our experience with boost::units so far. Now, I'm really very extremely positive I don't know the tangent we're on. Perhaps someone with more history and experience with boost::units could give us a run-down what the premise behind b::u is, maybe a short primer, examples, what have you, just besides the user docs. which are fine, don't get me wrong, but might help to explain some misconceptions about what b::u is all about. Because I for one thought I knew, or at least still have a grasp of an idea, but wouldn't hurt for the newcomers. Thanks...

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Michael Fawcett <michael.fawcett@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

> What are the requirements you place on X0,X1,Y0,Y1,Z0,and Z1, and how do
> you describe the result?  Unless you can nail the semantics down, you
> haven't written a generic algorithm.

> on Fri Aug 26 2011, Michael Fawcett <michael.fawcett-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> which admittedly is not *entirely* generic since it relies on the
>> vector3 type and probably should have taken a generic tuple, but you
>> can at least see how the result type gets computed.

And Concept Checking would have been nice.  It wasn't intended as a
full solution, merely a quick example.

--Michael Fawcett