Hi Chris,

I guess you are right: the whole process is killed with all thread from Linux command line. I suppose, there is no way to kill single thread.

Regards

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Chris Cleeland <chris.cleeland@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Samvel Khalatyan
> I have an application that starts many threads to process input files. The
> application runs on Linux and sometimes threads get killed. This leads to
> segmentation faults and termination without memory clean-up, etc. So, I
> thought of the way to at least catch such cases and cleanly quit the
> application.

How are these threads getting killed?  Are you sure they're not
hitting a situation where they're getting a signal?