Le 22/09/11 07:15, asif saeed a écrit :
Diederick,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Diederick C. Niehorster <dcnieho@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you start googling instead of just asking everything? I know
nothing about the topic but a quick google brings up asio's
deadline_timer frequently, have a look at that. e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4267546/c-boost-asio-simple-periodic-timer

You could have found this in much less time than it took to fire an
email to the list...

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 20:14, asif saeed <asif.lse2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need an interval timer to continuously call my callback function after
> every n milliseconds/seconds for ever once I set it up. I also need the
> ability to kill/cancel the timer. Does Boost provide such a facility now?

In fact, I did google a bit before "firing" an email! The thing is that I had inquired about it already sometime ago on this mailing list and it turned out that ASIO Deadline Timer does not work well when the host time changes. Unfortunately, host time does change quite often where my app is supposed to run. So, I was wondering if another better solution has emerged in Boost libraries. I also looked at Chrono but it was not immediately apparent to me as to whether it does support periodic interval timer or not.

Peace, Asif

Hi,

Boost.Chrono doesn't provides such a mechanis :( Now that Boost.Chrono has been released, it seems that Boost.Asio is the library that could take care of your needs.

This could happen if the used clock is not steady. I don't know if Boost.Asio uses an steady clock or a system clock. I guess that it should use one steady. Maybe you can make a simple test to verify this, and if you verify the issue, you could create a ticket.

I don't know if Asio provides or not periodic timers. If what you want is periodic timers and if Boost.Asio doesn't provide them, you could add a feature request for Asio to the Trac system.

Best,
Vicente