On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Raymond Burkholder <ray@oneunified.net> wrote:
> > A little background, we've got Visual Studio 2008 C++/CLI library
through
> > which we'd like to expose a dictionary-mapped data abstraction. We'd
like
> > be able to ask some questions about the dictionary mapping, whether for
> its
> > keys, values, or some combination thereof.
> >

> > Does boost offer something along these lines comparable to Linq?
>

> If you mean sql-like syntax, then the answer is most likely no.

If you are up to creating your own Domain Specific Language, look at
boost::spirit.

Nosir, probably overkill for what we're considering. I'd located Continuous Linq (CLINQ), but it seems to be somewhat stale or lacking support? Anyhow, it's the same old argument, C++/CLI is a second class citizen in the .NET realm, which is really what we want: to be able to use the Linq (or similar) extensions on some .NET collections like Dictionary (best case), or do some work through STL/NET map (acceptable, but far from "efficient" for the questions I'd like to ask "ad hoc").

>From a different perspective, in free associating brain jump, if you
actually want to use database structures and an approximated inline query
language you could try emweb's dbo:

http://www.webtoolkit.eu/wt/doc/tutorial/dbo/tutorial.html

believed to be clean.