I'm using this command

b2 --with-thread --with-program_options --with-filesystem --disable-filesystem2 link=shared runtime-link=shared threading=multi variant=%V% install --layout=system --prefix=
and %V% is replaces with "release" or "debug"

Phil

Am 23.08.2012 um 18:36 schrieb Lemay.Steve:

Would you share your bjam configuration with me?

SGL
steven.lemay@igt.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Philipp Kraus
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:05 PM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] build under MSVC with changed library name

I have setup the flags:

/EHsc
/DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB
/DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK

and now VS builds a correct working executable

On 2012-08-23 02:19:45 +0200, Kraus Philipp said:

I'm building the executable on the command line, so I have set the
define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB but now I get a linker error in the boost
program option (the symbol can not resolved):

"public: static unsigned int const
boost::program_options::options_description::m_default_line_length"
(?m_default_line_length@options_description@program_options@boost@@2IB)"
in Funktion "_main".

"class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > boost::program_options::arg"
(?arg@program_options@boost@@3V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@A)"
in Funktion ""public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
boost::program_options::typed_value<class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char>
,char>::name(void)const "
(?name@?$typed_value@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@D@program_options@boost@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)".

I'm not working with VS all the time, I'm using g++ on unix systems,
so it is a little bit confused.
Thanks a lot for your message

Phil

Am 23.08.2012 um 00:58 schrieb Lemay.Steve:

I'm not a MS Visual Studio guy... but you may need to turn off auto
linking and manual configure your project.

SGL
steven.lemay@igt.com