From: boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org [mailto:boost-users-bounces@lists.boost.org] On Behalf Of Reiche, Albert F (Albert)
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 5:46 PM
To: boost-users@lists.boost.org
Subject: [Boost-users] Some boost headers use Objective-C keywords

I am using boost 1.49.0.  An example of this is boost\local.hpp" which includes "boost\locale\message.hpp" which defines "id" (an Objective-C keyword) as a local variable in one of its inline functions.  This causes an issue when boost headers are included in any code that is parsed by the Objective-C compiler and makes it impossible to include some boost headers directly in Objective-C source files.  Would be nice if you could avoid using Objective-C keywords in all public headers.

This is unfortunate, but I suppose sensible.

Would it be useful to prepare a list of these keywords as these are likely to be unknown to most Boost authors who have no knowledge of this non-standard-compliant compiler?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_52_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/guidelines_for_boost_authors.html

Perhaps Albert could volunteer ;-)

Paul

---