Will try to be more specific what we're using boost to accomplish.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Larry Evans <cppljevans@suddenlink.net> wrote:
On 02/23/13 21:56, Michael Powell wrote:
Hi Michael,
I've a few questions.
[snip]
> Our data will be a series of spiked tuples (one or more) of

What's a "spiked tuple"?  Googling the term didn't help:(

I expect I will have a tuple of different values, RGB color fields and perhaps one or two other fields of interest. There will be a sequence of these tuple sequences more than likely. But I haven't completely figure that part out yet. So each item (sequence) in the main sequence could be spiked. Sorry if that wasn't clearer.

> n-dimensional packed values, and we'll probably need to dynamically

By "packed" do you mean what's described here:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densely_packed_decimal

No nothing like BCD. I don't know if packed is quite the right term. Each item in the spiked sequence will be a base RGB.

> parse calculations on the n-dimensions to determine did we satisfy the
> solution.

What does "dynamically parse" mean?  Is your problem a numerical one,
for example solving a system of differential equations?

Yes, I expect there will be different sets of equations, questions we'll want to be asking the tuples, depending on the circumstances. This could be something that is specified by a parser grammar acting on the different tuple elements themselves, over the sequence perhaps, and so on.

Again, hasn't been fully thought through.

-regards,
Larry