On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Eric Niebler <eniebler@boost.org> wrote:
On 13-04-01 06:14 PM, Michael Powell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Perhaps there is a boost answer for this, I don't know.
>
> I have a typedef unsigned char byte defined in global scope. Then a
> typedef byte address_type defined in the scope of a class.
>
> I'd like to setup a std::map<address_type, byte> if at all possible.
>
> Or just in general, use std::map, but it doesn't seem to like anything I
> give it.
>
> I am building using GCC 4.7.2 cross compiling to ARM through Sourcery
> CodeBench for ARM.
>
> Kind of at a loss.

This is a mailing list for users of Boost. Let's keep it on-topic. Thanks.

Would like to. I try to do something simple like #include <map> ... typedef std::map<int, int> my_map; and I get "Symbol 'map' could not be resolved".

I doubt it's a language thing, not sure whether that's an IDE thing, or I need to include another library than GLIBC to get it to work.

Or, is there a boost alternative I could use if this one won't work. I hate to do something like that for such a core container, but would help expose maps into the approach where needed.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost.org